The Fire alarm detector will track when there is a danger and make a loud noise. When the…
The Fire alarm detector will track when there is a danger and make a loud noise. When the temperature sensor rises above the normal room temperature and the light sensor rises above the threshold, it sounds an alarm. This could be used in houses and offices to give an alarm or warning when there is a fire hazard in the building.
The Fire alarm detector will:
- Collect information from the light and temperature sensor.
- IT would allow users to change and manipulate the min and max values expected for both sensors.
- Give us warning when there is a fire hazard in the building by making a loud noise with the buzzer and can also be monitored from the LCD screen.
- Plot collected data at intervals specified by the user.
Inputs and outputs
- Temperature sensor: Will be used to get environment temperature
- Light sensor: Will be used to get light sensor
- Keyboard: Will be used to get system information
- Button: Will be used to allow for user override.
- Buzzer: Will be used to indicate relative noise and alarm condition
- LCD Brightness: will be used to indicate relative light level
LCD Color: will be used to indicate relative temperature
Using the Arduino kit and grove base shield. Write the python script for this project
Link to key concepts and examples of use.
- Expression will be used to convert sensor values to output values
- Variables will be used to save system information in our python script
- Flow control will be used to keep the system running and make room for overrides by the users
- Iteration will be used to make decision when the alarm will sound or when the LED would give an alarm
- Strings will be used to print debug information and to format plot information
- Lists are used to store data
- Function Definitions are made use of so that code that can reused
- Modules will be imported so that their features and functions can be used in the project