Prepare an Installation Guide for Picasa 2B Construction Company has purchased digital cameras so…
Prepare an Installation Guide for Picasa
2B Construction Company has purchased digital cameras so its site managers can document progress on building projects. The company has decided to use the free Picasa photo editor to help 2B’s site managers download and organize their photos. You have been asked to prepare a document for the site managers that details how to download, install, and use Picasa as a photo organizer. (Note that Picasa, when first installed, finds all photos currently saved on a computer, so it may take some time to install. Picasa can be uninstalled easily when this case is completed.) Complete the following steps:
1. Download and install the current version of Picasa (picasa.google.com).
2. Write a document on the download and installation process aimed at 2B’s site managers.
3. To get some practice with Picasa, download a few sample construction site photos from www.free-pictures-photos.com/construction/index.htm. (These photos can be used free of charge for this case project.)
4. Research how to set up separate folders in Picasa to store pictures for each project.
5. Learn how to add captions to pictures in Picasa so site managers can label their photos with location and date information. Create some sample captions from the photos you downloaded in Step 3 for practice.
6. Add information to your installation document on how to set up folders and add captions.
7. Learn how to create a collage of pictures in Picasa. Practice making a collage from some of the pictures you downloaded in Step 3, and add the steps for creating a collage of pictures to your document.
8. Finally, learn how to email a picture from Picasa, and add that task to your documentation.
Picasa is an extensive program with many features. Focus the document you prepare for 2B Construction on the specific steps in this case.