Installation Troubleshooting at North Jetty Manufacturing North Jetty Manufacturing makes windows…
Installation Troubleshooting at North Jetty Manufacturing
North Jetty Manufacturing makes windows and doors for local building contractors. Several of North Jetty’s workers have received new PCs in recent weeks, and they need your advice about how to deal with the problems described below:
1. Jose Fonseca, production scheduler—The desk space for Joe’s workstation is very limited.
2. Ralph Emerson, accounting specialist—Because of carpeting, static electricity is a problem in the office area where Ralph’s PC was installed.
3. Anna Liu, marketing database coordinator—Anna has experienced problems with eyestrain, headaches, back strain, and sore wrists.
4. Alyssa Platt, employee benefits coordinator—Alyssa has to squint at the display screen late in the afternoon because the windows in her office face west and the sun shines in.
5. Mary Pat Schaeffer, Webmaster—Mary Pat would like to minimize the number of power switches required to turn on her PC and peripherals (system unit, display screen, printer, and scanner).
6. Lou Campanelli, shipping and receiving—Lou’s system is installed in an unusually dusty shop environment.
Write a memo to Candace Van Camp, CEO at North Jetty Manufacturing, that recommends how you would deal with each of these specific problem areas.