Antispyware Utility Evaluation at Les Deux Vaches You are a user support specialist at Les Deux…
Antispyware Utility Evaluation at Les Deux Vaches
You are a user support specialist at Les Deux Vaches, an organization that publishes a trade publication for the dairy industry. Several managers have approached you about a problem they need help with. Each of the managers has a laptop computer they use to connect to the company’s intranet and to the Internet. They use their laptops to access email and certain accounting information in the evenings and on weekends. They are concerned about the possibility of accidentally downloading spyware that could be used to obtain proprietary corporate information or slow the speed of their laptop.
Investigate some free antispyware utility programs that are available for download from the web, and make a recommendation to the managers about which program to use. Complete the following tasks:
1. Create an evaluation criteria checklist for an antispyware utility. Develop as complete a list as you can, keeping in mind the problem the managers want you to help them solve. You can also consider any software support issues or other factors you think are relevant.
2. Develop specific evaluation criteria for an antispyware utility.
3. Select two or three freeware utilities you find online (or in Chapter 12). Download and install the utilities on a PC to which you have access.
4. Read the documentation and try the features of each utility you downloaded.
5. Evaluate each of the utilities you downloaded in terms of the criteria you established.
6. Write a short summary report for the managers detailing the antispyware utilities you evaluated and include your recommendation about which utility you would suggest the managers at Les Deux Vaches use.