Answer the following basic questions in your particular sports league domain: 1. Can a player…
Answer the following basic questions in your particular sports league domain:
1. Can a player belong to more than one team?
2. Can a team have more than one captain?
3. Does a contest between two teams consist of more than one game?
4. Can a contest between two teams be played more than once?
5. Are all the contests played part of a single “season” or are there multiple tournaments that make up the season?
As you answer these questions, remember that with greater flexibility comes greater complexity, with more “linking tables” needed. So best to start small and then extend the design once the basic purposes are taken care of.