|Definition||COVID-19 (abbreviation for Corona Virus Disease 2019), formerly 2019-nCoV coronavirus infection, is a potentially severe acute respiratory infection caused by the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus.|
|History||There are several key events that have taken place in the 100 days that have passed since the world first became aware of COVID-19. First, the virus appeared in Wuhan, China, where on December 31, 2019, a death from a respiratory disease of unknown origin was reported. On January 3, it became clear that the genome of a new type of coronavirus is 80% similar to the genome of the SARS virus that spread around the world from China in 2002-2003. On January 7, WHO announced that the disease was not SARS, but was caused by a new type of coronavirus.|
|Symptoms||At the initial stage of infection, the signs of COVID-19 coincide with all the signs of a common cold: dry cough, weakness, fever. If the disease is mild, pneumonia does not develop and the entire pathological process is limited to mild symptoms. In severe forms of the disease, the patient’s condition deteriorates rapidly, a very high temperature rises, an unproductive persistent cough appears, and respiratory failure develops.|
|Causes||The causes of COVID-19 and all its forms are mutations, which result in a new type of virus. The source of coronavirus infection is usually a sick person. At the same time, the period of contagiousness is indefinitely long. Some animals (monkeys, birds, snakes, and others) can be the source of the coronavirus. The source of a new type of pathogen (2019-nCov) was presumably bats.|
|Virology||Detailed pathogenesis is not yet clear; however, it is believed that the virus enters the cell by attaching to the receptors of the angiotensin-converting enzyme 2. Once infected, the virus spreads through the mucus through the respiratory tract, causing a significant release of cytokines and an immune response in the body.|
|Prevention||The most efficient way to prevent COVID-19 is the full vaccination – a variety of vaccines has already been developed. Additional safety measures include the use of masks, sanitizers, and self-isolation.|
|Diagnostic Method||The diagnosis of COVID-19 can only be confirmed by laboratory diagnostic methods such as virus isolation by RT-PCR and ELISA. Another method is detection of its antigen in the epithelial cells of the nose using enzyme immunoassay and determination of titers of specific antibodies. The material for the study is mucus, sputum, blood, and other body fluids.|
|Treatment||Treatment methods include the prescription of antiviral drugs, specific immunoglobulins, and corticosteroids. With the development of severe complications, the use of antibiotics and artificial lung ventilation is indicated.|
|Duration||With a normal coronavirus infection, a full recovery usually occurs in 5-7 days. If the disease is more severe, recovery may take two or more weeks.|
|Prognosis||The predominant form of infection that the coronavirus provokes is respiratory. The intestinal variety is much less common, mostly in children. ARVI, which occurs under the influence of a virus, usually lasts for several days and ends with a complete recovery. However, in some cases it can take the form of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). This pathology is characterized by a high rate of death (38%), as it is accompanied by acute respiratory failure.|
|Complications||COVID-19 can cause severe complications in the heart, lungs, brain, kidneys, blood vessels, and other vital human systems and organs.|
|Frequency in Population||John Hopkins University reports that there is about 349 millions of discovered cases of COVID-19 in the world since the start of pandemic.|
|Deaths||As of 16th January, over 323 million confirmed cases and over 5.5 million deaths have been reported worldwide, according to WHO|
|Society||The society was severely affected by the pandemic outbreak, as it resulted in mass rapid deaths in the world population. Overall in the world, mass lockdowns occurred, and the countries are still shaken due to the severity of the pandemic.|
COVID-19 Research Papers Examples
In the present situation of the global pandemic of COVID-19, it is imperative to increase the quality and the safety of patient precaution measures in clinical settings.
Humanity is amid the global COVID-19 pandemic. It affects every level of human activity. Schools and universities resumed their work after the transition to online learning.
This review aims to investigate the current state of scientific knowledge about COVID-19 prevention and identify prospects for further research.
To address the problem of rapid transmission of COVID, the US government created public health and safety measures, which have been implemented in many states across the country.
COVID-19 has proven to be not only a healthcare challenge for the global community but also a disease provoking a plethora of conspiracies and false claims.
Best COVID-19 Essay Titles
- Combating the Pandemic COVID-19: Clinical Trials, Therapies, and Perspectives
- COVID-19 and Pediatric Lung Disease: A South African Tertiary Center Experience
- Pregnancy, Birthing, and Postpartum Experiences During COVID-19 in the United States
- COVID-19-Related Fear and Health-related Safety Behavior in Oncological Patients
- Cognitive and Neuropsychiatric Manifestations of COVID-19 and Effects on Elderly Individuals With Dementia
- Gaussian Doubling Times and Reproduction Factors of the COVID-19 Pandemic Disease
- Severe COVID-19 Illness: Risk Factors and Its Burden on Critical Care Resources
- Promoting and Protecting Human Milk and Breastfeeding in a COVID-19 World
- Modeling Growth, Containment, and Decay of the COVID-19 Epidemic in Italy
- Blood Glucose Control Strategy for Type 2 Diabetes Patients With COVID-19
- Attitude, Perception, and Knowledge of COVID-19 Among General Public in Pakistan
- Education, Training, and Practices of Neurorehabilitation in India During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Artificial Intelligence for COVID-19 Drug Discovery and Vaccine Development
- Increased Plasma Heparanase Activity in COVID-19 Patients
- Caring for All Patients During the COVID-19 Crisis: An American and Italian Experience
- Clinical Presentation and Outcomes in Older COVID-19 Patients
- Older Persons With Cancer in Italy in the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Anti-sars-Cov Natural Products With the Potential to Inhibit Sars-Cov-2 (COVID-19)
- Epidemiological Model With Anomalous Kinetics: Early Stages of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Prospects for RNAi Therapy of COVID-19
- Anxiety and Sleep Problems of College Students During the Outbreak of COVID-19
- Kerala, India’s Front Runner in Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- Clinical and Epidemiological Characteristics of COVID-19 Patients in Chongqing China
- Global and Temporal COVID-19 Risk Evaluation
- Anxiety and Depression Symptoms in COVID-19 Isolated Patients and Their Relatives
- Mechanisms Underlying Potential Therapeutic Approaches for COVID-19
- Biological Context Linking Hypertension and Higher Risk for COVID-19 Severity
- Mechanisms Underlying Potential Therapeutic Approaches for COVID-19
- Exponential Damping: The Key to Successful Containment of COVID-19
- Protecting Healthcare Workers Amid the COVID-19 Crisis: A Safety Protocol in Wuhan
- Potential Fast COVID-19 Containment With Trehalose
- Addressing COVID-19 Communication and Management by a Systems Thinking Approach
- Aspirin Bioactivity for Prevention of Cardiovascular Injury in COVID-19
- Thromboinflammation and COVID-19: The Role of Exercise in the Prevention and Treatment
- Early Detection and Assessment of COVID-19
- COVID-19 and Cerebrovascular Diseases: A Systematic Review and Perspectives for Stroke Management
- Knowledge, Attitude, and Practice of the Lebanese Community Toward COVID-19
- Immune and Metabolic Signatures of COVID-19 Revealed by Transcriptomics Data Reuse
- Hla, Immune Response, and Susceptibility to COVID-19
- Perspectives, Knowledge, and Fears of Cancer Patients About COVID-19
❓ COVID-19 Research Questions
- How the Italian NHS Is Fighting Against the COVID-19 Emergency
- What Is the Association Between the ABO Blood Type System and Susceptibility to COVID-19 in Wuhan?
- How Patients With Chronic Liver Diseases Succeed to Deal With COVID-19?
- Coronavirus and Obesity: Could Insulin Resistance Mediate the Severity of COVID-19 Infection?
- Pausing the Fight Against Malaria to Combat the COVID-19 Pandemic in Africa: Is the Future of Malaria Bleak?
- Paracetamol-induced Glutathione Consumption: Is There a Link With Severe COVID-19 Illness?
- Could Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Render Natural Immunity to Re-infections?
- COVID-19 and the Elderly: Who Cares?
- What Is the Link Between COVID-19 Infection and Liver Damage?
- What Is the Effect of COVID-19 Infection on Pregnancy?
- What Is the Prediction of COVID-19 Peaks Worldwide?
- Aging, Immunity, and COVID-19: How Age Influences the Host Immune Response to Coronavirus Infections?
- Could Sars-Cov-2-Induced Hyperinflammation Magnify the Severity of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)?
- Battling COVID-19 Pandemic: Sphingosine-1-Phosphate Analogs as an Adjunctive Therapy?
- What Are the Potential Effects of Naringenin on COVID-19?
- What Are the Possible Mechanisms of Anosmia and Dysgeusia Caused by COVID-19?
- Could Insulin Resistance Mediate the Severity of COVID-19 Infection?
- Are Lockdown Measures Effective Against COVID-19?
- What Are the Pulmonary and Extrapulmonary Clinical Manifestations of COVID-19?
- What Is the Relationship Between Diabetes and COVID-19?
- Does the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic Call For a New Model of Older People Care?
- Does COVID-19 Spread Through Droplets Alone?
- Are Patients With Autoimmune Cytopenias at Higher Risk of COVID-19 Pneumonia?
- Does Temperature Affect COVID-19 Transmission?
- Does Lithium Deserve a Place in the Treatment Against COVID-19?
- Does Early Childhood Vaccination Protect Against COVID-19?
- Are Pandemics Gender Neutral? Women’s Health and COVID-19
- Is Interferon-2B Treatment Effective for COVID-19?
- COVID-19 and Mental Health What Do We Know So Far?
- Are People Experiencing the Pains of Imprisonment During the COVID-19 Lockdown?